Researching Relatives Who Fought in the War

Friday, 12 September 2008 14:00 phil stokes

Q. My Grandfather/Father/Uncle* fought in Normandy/Phillipines/Italy/Ulan Bator** with the 542nd/51st/12th** where do I find information about him and his unit?

A. If they died in action then sites such as the Commonwealth War Graves Commission will allow you to search their records.

The Military Indexes web site has many useful links for research.

*Delete as appropriate  **or something similar

Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 September 2011 19:34